www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Conn. bats won't bounce back from white-nose syndrome for decades – November 11, 2019
Connecticut's bat population will take decades to rebound from the high mortality caused by white-nose syndrome, says Jenny D -More-
- Check out the AVMA Animal Health Studies Database – November 11, 2019
- AVMA Member Edge: Exclusive savings for AVMA members – November 11, 2019
Get even more value from your AVMA membership with exclusive offers and special deals on many of the products, services and s -More-
- Smartphone videos can help veterinarians diagnose pain in cats – November 11, 2019
Pain may be even harder to diagnose in cats than in dogs because hormones released during veterinary exams, when cats tend to -More-
- Miss. man sentenced to 9 years in prison on dogfighting charges – November 11, 2019
- Artificial intelligence spots facial features linked to pain in dogs – November 11, 2019
An artificial intelligence program that analyzes images of dogs' faces identified those with pain related to Chiari-like malf -More-
- Gene therapy for dogs with mitral valve disease could be used in people – November 11, 2019
Young Cavalier King Charles spaniels are prone to mitral valve disease, which affects about 6% of all dogs, and a gene therap -More-
- Veterinarians explain why pets need antiparasitics year-round – November 11, 2019
Medications that protect pets from parasites including heartworms and hookworms should be given year-round, even in regions w -More-
- Two-faced kitten adopted by veterinarian is learning to eat – November 11, 2019
- Diabetes can quietly creep up on pets – November 11, 2019
Pet owners might not realize that their dog or cat can develop diabetes, and pets that start drinking a lot of water or lose -More-
- Adding 4 hours of exercise may reduce incident depression risk – November 11, 2019
Adding four hours of exercise per week may reduce the likelihood of incident depression by 17% for people with a genetic pred -More-
- Speech pathologist's dog communicates words with sound board – November 11, 2019
Speech pathologist Christina Hunger developed a sound board that her Catahoula and blue heeler mix dog, Stella, uses to commu -More-
- Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go. – November 11, 2019
Bernard Malamud, writer