www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- U. of Minn. takes steps to make veterinary school less stressful – October 11, 2019
All classes for first-year students in the University of Minnesota's College of Veterinary Medicine are now pass/fail, fourth -More-
- Mo. city nudges residents to "pick up the fudge" – October 11, 2019
Police in Springfield, Mo., are using both shame and humor to encourage residents to clean up after their pets. -More-
- View AVMA's wellness and peer-assistance toolkit – October 11, 2019
- Jaguar cubs at Memphis Zoo get a checkup – October 11, 2019
- CDC says salmonellosis outbreak tied to contact with pet turtles – October 11, 2019
Contact with pet turtles is likely the cause of an outbreak of Salmonella Oranienburg that has sickened 21 people, according -More-
- New states added to AVMA's association health plan – October 11, 2019
The AVMA's association health plan (AHP) is expanding! -More-
- Learn more from AVMA about amphibians, reptiles and salmonella – October 11, 2019
- Uber launches new feature for people with pets – October 11, 2019
Uber is launching a service in seven metro areas specifically for people who have pets. -More-
- Researchers identify signs of neck osteoarthritis in horses – October 11, 2019
Osteoarthritis in the C6-C7 joint can compress the cervical nerve associated with shoulder and foreleg sensation, causing sho -More-
- Ban on some OTC animal drugs unlikely to disrupt livestock operations – October 11, 2019
The FDA proposed phasing in a ban on over-the-counter sales of more than 100 animal drugs, including common antibiotics, whic -More-
- U. of Wis. gets $15M donation for School of Veterinary Medicine construction – October 11, 2019
- AVMA seeks nominees for president-elect, board, committees – October 11, 2019
The AVMA is seeking nominations for 2021-2022 president-elect, two board seats and positions on various councils and committe -More-
- Forcing pets into Halloween costumes can injure the pet and the owner – October 11, 2019
Many people enjoy dressing up their pets, and while some pets don't seem to mind, others are decidedly opposed to the practic -More-
- Don't plan it all. Let life surprise you a little. – October 11, 2019
Julia Alvarez, Dominican American poet, writer National Hispanic Heritage Month is Sept. 15 to Oct. 15