www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- House bill would cover post-exposure rabies treatment – September 30, 2022
- Commentary: Focus on dogs and people to eliminate rabies – September 30, 2022
Dogs pose the greatest rabies risk to people worldwide, but most rabies eradication funds in public health budgets are spent -More-
- Salmonella in raw pet foods, livestock rise in UK – September 30, 2022
Reports of salmonella isolates found in raw pet foods in the UK increased by 8.1% from 2020 to 2021, reports of salmonella fo -More-
- Louisville Zoo gorilla recovering from appendectomy – September 30, 2022
Jelani, a beloved 25-year-old silverback gorilla at Louisville Zoo, is recovering from an appendectomy to remove a growth att -More-
- Diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine – September 30, 2022
Creating socially conscious educational and work environments — as well as removing barriers to equity and inclusion — are -More-
- Dolphin Doctor Sam Ridgway, 86, has died – September 30, 2022
Veterinarian Sam Ridgway, or Dolphin Doctor to his colleagues, died of a chronic illness in July at 86 years old. Dr. -More-
- Virtual reality program could prevent dog bites – September 30, 2022
At least some of the more than 300,000 dog bites that result in emergency department visits each year lead to cynophobia, or -More-
- Baseline X-rays help veterinarians diagnose cause of lameness – September 30, 2022
Radiographs of horses' hooves can support diagnosis of suspected arthritis, abscesses, navicular syndrome, laminitis and othe -More-
- Study: 3 ways to stop wasting money on meetings – September 30, 2022
Unnecessary meetings cost companies $25,000 per professional employee every year, on average, according to a study by Otter.a -More-
- Maine CDC: High numbers of Powassan encephalitis, anaplasmosis, babesiosis cases – September 30, 2022
- Who Said It? The things you think are the disasters in your life are not the disasters really. Almost anything can be turned around: out of every ditch, a path, if you can only see it. – September 30, 2022
Hilary Mantel or Soren KierkegaardCheck your answer here.