www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Addressing the stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace – January 16, 2019
Removing the stigma of mental illness in the workplace will take effort from management and employees through open dialogue, -More-
- View AVMA's wellness and peer-assistance toolkit – January 16, 2019
- View AVMA's brochure on cancer in animals – January 16, 2019
- AVMA continues offering administrative support for NAVTA – January 16, 2019
- View AVMA's One Health resources – January 16, 2019
- Knowing signs of veterinary cancer can save pets' lives – January 16, 2019
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation estimates that half of dogs and cats that live past 10 years old will develop canc -More-
- Study: Garbage dumps are changing habits, health of wildlife – January 16, 2019
- Check out the AVMA Animal Health Studies Database – January 16, 2019
- Pets need protection from freezing temps just like humans do – January 16, 2019
When temperatures drop and snowflakes fly, pets might need a little extra food; warm, weather-tight shelter; and booties or o -More-
- Download AVMA's Cold Weather Safety poster – January 16, 2019
- China struggles to contain African swine fever virus – January 16, 2019
African swine fever virus has been detected at more than 100 farms, backyards and facilities in 24 Chinese provinces and regi -More-
- Dogs that ingest marijuana need quick veterinary care – January 16, 2019
Dogs that exhibit vomiting, diarrhea and extreme lethargy may have consumed something toxic, such as marijuana, and veterinar -More-
- Emergency veterinary clinics need steady supply of donated blood – January 16, 2019
Emergency veterinary clinics frequently need to perform blood transfusions, particularly during the summer, and supplies dwin -More-
- AVMA decision tree helps clinics treat wildlife – January 16, 2019
What does your practice do when someone brings in a sick or injured wild animal? What about calls pertaining to wildlife? -More-
- Shutdown halts study on invasive tick, emerging cattle disease – January 16, 2019
The partial government shutdown has forced veterinarian Kevin Lahmers to suspend his collaborative study with the USDA on the -More-
- [W]hen you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave. – January 16, 2019
Neil Gaiman, author, in "Coraline"
- Studies in pets might be key to solving obesity puzzle – January 16, 2019
Obesity is not a condition unique to humans, as obesity rates are also rising among domestic and some wild animals. -More-