www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Ark. lawmakers consider bill to help injured police dogs – January 15, 2021
A bill in the Arkansas House would authorize ambulance and emergency medical crews to render first aid and transport K-9s inj -More-
- Intestinal TB found in dead Australian sea lion pup – January 15, 2021
Mycobacterium pinnipedii, the bacteria that causes tuberculosis in seals and sea lions, was found in the abdomen of a 3-year- -More-
- SmartBrief will not publish Monday – January 15, 2021
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the US, SmartBrief will not publish Monday. Publication will resume Tuesday.
- Veterinarian ensures wildlife are part of disaster response – January 15, 2021
Veterinarian Jamie Peyton began thinking about developing what is now the Wildlife Disaster Network when she treated a bear i -More-
- 10 tips for workplace vaccine communications – January 15, 2021
Many employees will be skeptical or fearful of COVID-19 vaccines, and while employers can require vaccinations, they'll succe -More-
- Avian influenza outbreaks continue in Asia, Europe – January 15, 2021
More than 20 million chickens in Japan and South Korea have been culled since November, and highly pathogenic H5N8 avian infl -More-
- Working with livestock raises MRSA risk for vets – January 15, 2021
Veterinarians are nearly eight times as likely to carry livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as p -More-
- Nev. allows veterinarians to give COVID-19 vaccines – January 15, 2021
- USDA launches feral swine threat reduction plan – January 15, 2021
- Snow leopards at Louisville Zoo recover from SARS-CoV-2 – January 15, 2021
Three snow leopards at Louisville Zoo have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 infections, and no other animals are showing signs of in -More-
- New COVID-related clinic signage from the AVMA – January 15, 2021
The AVMA has developed new downloadable resources to educate and instruct clients about clinic procedures during COVID-19. -More-
- Zoo staff raise orphaned giraffe calf – January 15, 2021
A newly orphaned 11-week-old giraffe at Abilene Zoo is drinking goat's milk and eating grains, alfalfa hay and vegetables, zo -More-
- Wisdom isn't about accumulating more facts; it's about understanding big truths in a deeper way. – January 15, 2021
Melinda Gates, philanthropist, advocate for women and girls