www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Cancer vaccine trial could benefit pets and people – June 21, 2019
The Vaccine Against Canine Cancer Study is enrolling dogs in what will be the largest-ever canine clinical trial, and the can -More-
- Road trips for pets and their people – June 21, 2019
- View AVMA's brochure on cancer in animals – June 21, 2019
- The canine nose may be a sophisticated cancer screening tool – June 21, 2019
After eight weeks of learning to differentiate between blood samples from individuals with non-small cell lung cancer and tho -More-
- Decriminalization puts pot within reach of more pets – June 21, 2019
Veterinarian Dorrie Black says "dogs will get into anything and everything," including marijuana, which is a growing threat t -More-
- 10 "poison pills" for pets – June 21, 2019
Anyone who takes medication prescribed for someone else puts themselves at risk of illness or even death — and this applies -More-
- Birds might be an important carrier of worrisome pathogens – June 21, 2019
Researchers who collected biological samples from wildlife, livestock and humans across Nairobi, Kenya, found 485 of 2,000 wi -More-
- African swine fever reaches Laos, OIE reports – June 21, 2019
- View AVMA's One Health resources – June 21, 2019
- Calif. sea lion that bit girl shows signs of domoic acid poisoning – June 21, 2019
A 13-year-old girl was bitten by a sea lion on a California beach, and wildlife authorities who later captured the animal sai -More-
- Moose undergoes surgery to remove sarcoma – June 21, 2019
Meeko the moose had a soft tissue sarcoma removed from his right front leg after the mass was discovered in an exam by veteri -More-
- 3 steps to avoiding regret later in life – June 21, 2019
We'll look back on a better life if we stop comparing ourselves to others, ignoring the need for rest and taking work too ser -More-
- Seals actively control blood flow while diving – June 21, 2019
A noninvasive device attached to the heads of harbor seals has given researchers new insights into how the seals control bloo -More-
- Nobody knows whether we were catalysts or invented something, or just the froth riding on a wave of its own. We were all three, I suppose. – June 21, 2019
Allen Ginsberg, beat poet