www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Early results suggest dogs can detect COVID-19 – November 25, 2020
Only one study showing dogs can detect SARS-CoV-2 infections in people has been published in a peer-reviewed journal, and the -More-
- SmartBrief will not publish Thursday and Friday – November 25, 2020
In observance of Thanksgiving in the US, SmartBrief will not publish Thursday and Friday. Publication will resume Monday.
- Blocking gene might prevent tooth resorption in cats – November 25, 2020
Inhibiting expression of the MMP9 gene might prevent tooth resorption in cats, a painful condition that affects a majority of -More-
- 5 ways to show gratitude to your employees – November 25, 2020
Listening, offering flexibility and acknowledging success are just a few simple ways leaders can show appreciation for employ -More-
- Genetic evolution of Tasmanian devil cancer mapped – November 25, 2020
Tasmanian devil facial tumor disease DFT1 split into five sublineages between 2003 and 2018, two of which went extinct and th -More-
- Most Thanksgiving foods are off the table for pets – November 25, 2020
Even a small amount of turkey can cause life-threatening pancreatitis in pets, and the AVMA says it's not worth the risk. -More-
- UK studying COVID-19 risks to ferret owners – November 25, 2020
The UK's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is studying ferrets' and related animals' susceptibility to SARS- -More-
- Dog, owner reunited after 7 years through "power of the microchip" – November 25, 2020
- Mont. game farm quarantined for CWD – November 25, 2020
A game farm in Flathead County, Mont., was quarantined after the National Veterinary Services Laboratories confirmed chronic -More-
- Thanksgiving pet safety tips from the AVMA – November 25, 2020
Thanksgiving is a special holiday that brings together family and friends, but it also can carry some hazards for pets. -More-
- Poland reports 8 SARS-CoV-2 infections in farmed mink – November 25, 2020
- You are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities. If you know that, you can do anything. – November 25, 2020
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host, media executive, actor, philanthropist