www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- It's lack that gives us inspiration. – November 21, 2017
Ray Bradbury, writer
- How businesses can secure their IoT devices – November 21, 2017
Internet of things devices in the workplace are expected to become more commonplace, but with convenience comes potential ris -More-
- AVMA tips help keep pets safe in cold weather – November 21, 2017
You're probably already aware of the risks posed by warm weather and leaving pets in hot cars, but did you know that cold wea -More-
- States crack down on owners who leave pets exposed to extreme cold – November 21, 2017
Pennsylvania is the ninth state to include weather-related criteria in animal cruelty laws, making it a felony crime to leave -More-
- Homeland Security awards grant to Kan. State biosecurity center – November 21, 2017
Kansas State University National Agricultural Biosecurity Center received a $324,528 supplemental grant from the Department o -More-
- Wild turkeys receive mixed reaction in Calif. community – November 21, 2017
Wild turkeys that have made themselves at home in the Bay Area city of Martinez, Calif., have been welcomed by many residents -More-
- Military dog in UK awarded Dickin Medal for bravery – November 21, 2017
- View AVMA's brochure on cancer in animals – November 21, 2017
- Clinical trial of focused ultrasound for tumors to begin next year – November 21, 2017
The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine will begin a clinical trial next year exploring the use of focused ultra -More-
- View AVMA's One Health resources – November 21, 2017
- Study of squirrels could lead to treatment for stroke – November 21, 2017
A cellular process called SUMOylation prevents brain damage in hibernating squirrels by allowing the animals' brains to funct -More-
- Dog ownership may boost longevity, cut risk of heart disease – November 21, 2017
An analysis of more than 3.4 million individual health records in Sweden showed that adults who had a dog were less likely th -More-