www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Play with it. Improvise. Become more creative. Not because you have to, but because you want to. Evolution is the secret for the next step. – February 20, 2019
Karl Lagerfeld, fashion designer1933-2019
- View AVMA's wellness and peer-assistance toolkit – February 20, 2019
- AVMA tips help keep pets safe in cold weather – February 20, 2019
You're probably already aware of the risks posed by warm weather and leaving pets in hot cars, but did you know that cold wea -More-
- Puppy porch pirates caught in the act – February 20, 2019
A Kentucky woman checked her security camera footage when a package she was expecting did not arrive and found that her own L -More-
- How to help workers who are grappling with mental health issues – February 20, 2019
Employees who are experiencing mental health issues may worry that they will face professional repercussions, but managers sh -More-
- 3 farms in Vietnam hit by African swine fever – February 20, 2019
- Turtle born with ectopia cordis grows stronger at N.J. man's home – February 20, 2019
A turtle born with the equivalent of ectopia cordis, or an exposed heart, has been growing stronger since a New Jersey man ac -More-
- Veterinarian treats bald eagle with fractured wing – February 20, 2019
Veterinarian Marikay Campbell and staff at Port Royal Veterinary Hospital in South Carolina mended the fractured wing of a ba -More-
- Feline panleukopenia temporarily halts cat adoptions at Wash. shelter – February 20, 2019
- Check out the AVMA Animal Health Studies Database – February 20, 2019
- Conn. veterinary hospital treats 2 dogs for THC poisoning – February 20, 2019
Veterinarians at a veterinary hospital in Connecticut treated two dogs within five days for THC poisoning after the dogs had -More-
- Feed supplement could reduce parasitic nematodes in pastures – February 20, 2019
A feed supplement available in Australia that contains spores of the fungus Duddingtonia flagrans reduced gastrointestinal ne -More-
- View AVMA's One Health resources – February 20, 2019
- Great white shark genomic map offers clues to cancer resistance – February 20, 2019
The newly completed genomic map of the great white shark reveals that significant proportions of the creature's genome are in -More-
- View AVMA's opioid resources for veterinarians – February 20, 2019
- Survey finds high awareness of opioid safety among S.D. veterinarians – February 20, 2019
Nearly all veterinarians in South Dakota who responded to a survey said they secure opioids inside their clinics to prevent u -More-