www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Veterinarians: Protect yourself and your staff from rabies! – August 16, 2018
Rabies exposure is an occupational hazard for the veterinary health care team, and preventive measures are necessary to prote -More-
- If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. – August 16, 2018
Thich Nhat Hanh, monk and peace activist
- View AVMA's resources on pharmacy and prescription issues – August 16, 2018
- 5 ways to counteract job burnout – August 16, 2018
Twenty-three percent of employees experience burnout at work very often or always, according to a Gallup study, and separate -More-
- AVMA leaders explore options for mitigating high cost of education – August 16, 2018
- FDA issues guide to veterinary opioid prescribing – August 16, 2018
A new FDA resource contains information and recommendations tailored specifically for veterinarians who stock and administer -More-
- Elephants at San Diego Zoo trumpet welcome to newest member – August 16, 2018
- AVMA issues FMD policy – August 16, 2018
The AVMA House of Delegates is urging the USDA to expand the national foot-and-mouth disease antigen bank so it could be used -More-
- Assume all wild mushrooms are toxic, veterinary toxicologist says – August 16, 2018
Dogs do not know the difference between edible and toxic mushrooms and should be kept away from any mushroom growing wild, sa -More-
- Cats, dogs in Brooklyn neighborhood deliberately poisoned – August 16, 2018
Someone has been pouring small puddles of antifreeze around south Brooklyn, N.Y., neighborhoods and on stretches of grass whe -More-
- View AVMA's Saving the Whole Family brochure – August 16, 2018
- Wildfire smoke can harm pets, farm animals – August 16, 2018
Smoke from wildfires in the West is unhealthy for pets and farm animals, and veterinarians recommend limiting pets' time outd -More-
- View AVMA's resources on avian influenza – August 16, 2018
- OSHA updates avian influenza control and prevention resources – August 16, 2018
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's recently updated webpage on avian influenza offers biosecurity resources -More-
- AVMA president focuses on raising veterinarians' public profile – August 16, 2018
AVMA President Dr. -More-