www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Lack of federal approval delays use of CWD test – March 20, 2023
A new assay detects chronic wasting disease prions in skin or muscle samples and could be used to test live deer in captive h -More-
- Raccoon dogs at market likely infected with SARS-CoV-2 – March 20, 2023
Scientists recently identified genetic material from raccoon dogs in SARS-CoV-2-positive samples from surfaces at the Wuhan, -More-
- Study explores possibility of passing drug-resistant microbes between people, pets – March 20, 2023
The likelihood is low that people will transmit multidrug-resistant organisms to pet dogs and cats or that healthy dogs and c -More-
- 2 vaccines effective against HPAI in early study – March 20, 2023
An experimental vaccine produced by Ceva Animal Health and another by Boehringer Ingelheim prevented clinical signs of highly -More-
- Social media and cyberbullying: A reputation management series – March 20, 2023
A connected world brings opportunities to veterinary practices. -More-
- Avian influenza found in 2 dead dolphins on UK coast – March 20, 2023
A dolphin found dead on a beach in Devon, England, tested positive for avian influenza, as did a dolphin found on a Pembrokes -More-
- Fitbit, rock surgically removed from golden retriever's gut – March 20, 2023
- Why keeping nutria as pets is a bad idea – March 20, 2023
A couple in Louisiana recently made headlines when officials seized a nutria they had had kept as a pet since finding it as o -More-
- Win new employees with positive and flexible culture – March 20, 2023
How can a small-business owner appeal to potential employees in a competitive market? -More-
- Breathtaking photos win British Wildlife contest honors – March 20, 2023
Charlie Page took the top honor in the British Wildlife Photography Awards with his compelling image of a red fox with the en -More-
- When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. – March 20, 2023
Georgia O'Keeffe, artist March is Women's History Month