www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground. – April 20, 2018
Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US president
- Pros and cons of outsourcing payroll – April 20, 2018
Outsourced payroll can save business owners time for other activities and streamline government filings and tax payments. -More-
- Cannabis resource published for AVMA members – April 20, 2018
With many states allowing medicinal marijuana use in humans, and some allowing recreational use as well, it's important for v -More-
- Veterinary students want to learn about business, finances – April 20, 2018
Surveys conducted by the Student AVMA along with experts from the AVMA's Veterinary Economics Division and the Veterinary Bus -More-
- Get help with AVMA's Personal Financial Planning Tool – April 20, 2018
- GAO says USDA should set timelines for updating food safety standards – April 20, 2018
The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service should document the process for developing new pathogen standards, set deadline -More-
- AVMA membership hits record high – April 20, 2018
AVMA membership has surpassed 91,000 as member satisfaction has grown and more veterinarians recommend the association to col -More-
- Study: Mammals shrank amid rise of human activity – April 20, 2018
The average size of mammals has shrunk over the past 125,000 years as humans hunted the largest mammals for food, and cleared -More-
- Snow leopard at Calif.'s Sacramento Zoo is pregnant – April 20, 2018
- EHV-1 reported in Weld County, Colo., horse – April 20, 2018
- Some natural, herbal products are toxic to pets – April 20, 2018
Tea tree oil, pennyroyal oil, marijuana and cannabinoids, and white willow bark are among the products marketed as "natural" -More-
- Prion disease found in camels in Algeria – April 20, 2018
An international team of veterinarians and food safety scientists reported in Emerging Infectious Diseases that three dromeda -More-
- View AVMA's One Health resources – April 20, 2018
- Canine, human gut microbiomes are similar, researchers say – April 20, 2018
The gut microbiomes in two dog breeds are more similar than mouse or pig microbiomes to the bacterial populations in humans' -More-