www.wormsandgermsblog.com – Worms and Germs Blog
www.pollen.com – This site provides allergy information you can use every day.
www.dvmnews.com – The newsmagazine of veterinary medicine.
www.acvd.org – The American College of Veterinary Dermatology organization.
www.dvm360.com – DVM360 articles by Dr. Alice Jeromin.
www.avma.org – The AVMA is a not-for-profit association representing more than 89,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. The AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
Click on an item below to download a PDF document.
Make a Donation
www.avmf.org/forms/donate-to-avmf – Donations to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation help provide valuable resources to advance the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Animal Health SmartBrief
Animal Health SmartBrief, produced in partnership with SmartBrief, Inc., is a daily newsletter providing news of importance to animal health professionals, including: veterinary medicine updates, animal welfare and pet product news, best business practices, and regulatory updates.
- Poorly trained support animals cause issues for those who need service animals – January 21, 2020
- Read the latest issue of JAVMA News – January 21, 2020
The Feb. 1 edition of JAVMA News is now available online. -More-
- Check out the AVMA Animal Health Studies Database – January 21, 2020
- AVMA issues warning about THC toxicity in pets – January 21, 2020
Marijuana's psychoactive component, tetrahydrocannabinol, is toxic to animals and can cause vomiting, incontinence, incoordin -More-
- Do you want to sleep on the cold ground? Neither does your pet. – January 21, 2020
Most pets don't have thick enough coats to remain outdoors when temperatures drop into the teens, and water left outdoors for -More-
- Cold plasma therapy heals animals' skin wounds, infections – January 21, 2020
Veterinary dermatologist Ramon Almela has seen good results from nonthermal plasma, or cold plasma, to treat animals' superfi -More-
- China says emerging coronavirus can be transmitted between humans – January 21, 2020
- APHIS issues grants for veterinary disease prevention, response – January 21, 2020
The USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service awarded $10.2 million in grants for veterinary disease prevention, emer -More-
- Dogs may naturally understand human gestures – January 21, 2020
Stray dogs can understand human gestures despite never sharing a household with humans, according to a study published in Fro -More-
- Speak to help, not to win the conversation – January 21, 2020
Improve your conversations by thinking about what the other person needs — do they need advice or problem-solving, for insta -More-
- Siamese cat outweighs Cinder-Block – January 21, 2020
A 5-year-old Siamese cat that weighed 23 pounds more than her ideal weight was put on a diet and fitness regimen after her ow -More-
- Tradition is the albatross around the neck of progress. – January 21, 2020
Bill Veeck, professional baseball club executive, owner, promoter